Valet Attendant - Temporary
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link.
If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Job Title||Valet Attendant - Temporary|
The Bell Services Associates will:
1. Greet hotel guests upon arrival. Park and retrieve vehicles, secure keys, and document location, date and time. Release vehicle to guest upon proper authorization of claim tickets, open vehicle doors, assist guests into and out of vehicle, close doors.
2. Assist guest with loading and unloading luggage into and out of vehicle. Provide claim tickets to guests for their luggage.
3. Provide information to guest regarding hotel services, amenities, and accommodations. Deliver general items to guest rooms as directed by supervisor. Provide guest services such as shoe shine, valet laundry pick up, and delivery. Check Delivery Location for package delivery daily.
4. Reconcile In-house Guest List with all classes of guest parking tickets and information, then forward to Night Auditor.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of one year experience in a position in valet/bell/door operations or Guest service; Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and communicate effectively.
Additional required skills: Prioritization and organization, able to exercise good judgment and solve problems, maintain emotional control and persevere in stressful situations, make basic mathematical computations.
Serve both Guests and fellow Employees with excellence; Preserve the confidentiality and security of Guest information and belongings; Work as part of a team as well as work alone with limited direct supervision; Engage in friendly, polite conversation.
Employee must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance to standards.
Able to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates, or permits applicable to the position.
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Department||Morris Inn (55015)|
|Family / Sub-Family||Hotel / Customer Service|
|Department Hiring Pay Range||$6.50/hr + tips|
|FLSA Status||T1 - Non-exempt Temp/On-call Hourly|
|Schedule: Days of Week & Hours||
varies, must be available nights, weekends and Holidays
|Schedule: # of months|
Posting Detail Information
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Posting Detail Information
|Job Posting Date (Campus)||02/27/2017|
|Job Posting Date (Public)||02/27/2017|
|Job Closing Date||03/27/2017|
|Posting Type||Open To All Applicants|
Advertising & Screening Information
|Quick Link for Internal Postings||http://jobs.nd.edu/postings/8053|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application