Assistant Director, Marketing
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link.
If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Job Title||Assistant Director, Marketing|
The Morris Inn Assistant Director, Marketing is responsible for the management of all marketing, sales promotion, and external communications of the Morris Inn and Notre Dame Conference Center. The position uses available media resources to strategize, develop, and execute an effective overall marketing plan. Develops, reviews, and analyzes sales metrics information to identify new marketing opportunities.
The Assistant Director, Marketing responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Marketing: develop marketing programs and initiatives to enhance the visibility and market demand for transient occupied rooms. Partners with external Venue ND team on sales and marketing of Group rooms and Banquet sales.
2. Sales Promotion: work with outlets to develop, coordinate, and execute both strategic and tactical Food & Beverage events and promotions.
3. Communications: coordinate department messaging to the customer base via multiple media channels, including web, student Brand Ambassadors, social media, and print.
4. Department Administration: as a member of the leadership team of the Morris Inn reporting to the Sr. Director, assists with overall department management and internal staff communication. Fosters and actively supports effective positive working relationships within Morris Inn and Notre
5. Provides project and analytical support as assigned. Reviews or participates in survey and TripAdvisor reputation management.
6. Coordinates planning and spend tracking of departmental marketing budget of ~$400,000 annually.
7. Coordinates Public Relations messaging within the guidelines of the Notre Dame communications plan.
Bachelor’s degree (4 years) Business, Hospitality, Marketing, or Graphic Design or related degree
Prior direct hospitality marketing a plus. Ability to manage upward and downward effectively and work with a diverse group of colleagues from different functions and levels is essential. Good customer service skills along with strong, genuine people skills will go a long way to enable success of team. Strong conceptual design and communication abilities; capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to utilize and apply data analysis in marketing concepts.
Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of people from the President of the University to the newest temporary worker and work in a fast paced environment. Must lead in a professional, hospitable and empathetic manner.
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Department||Morris Inn (55015)|
|Family / Sub-Family||Ext/Int Relations / Marketing|
|Career Stream/Level||EIC 2 Professional|
|Department Hiring Pay Range||$48,000 - $60,000/annually|
|FLSA Status||S1 - FT Exempt|
|Schedule: Days of Week & Hours||
Monday – Friday including occasional weekend, holiday and evening event support.
|Schedule: # of months||12|
Posting Detail Information
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Posting Detail Information
|Job Posting Date (Campus)||03/14/2017|
|Job Posting Date (Public)||03/14/2017|
|Job Closing Date||04/04/2017|
|Posting Type||Open To All Applicants|
Advertising & Screening Information
|Quick Link for Internal Postings||http://jobs.nd.edu/postings/8220|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application